The offer in the car insurance market is very wide and the options offered are very diverse, so choosing the best product, the one that best suits your needs, is not always an easy task. Here we give you a series of keys so that you can better understand these products and choose the most suitable one for you. If you have bought a car and need to take out a policy or simply want to improve the conditions of your current insurance and change companies, the first thing you should keep in mind is that there is no better policy than another, but rather one that is more suited to your needs. needs, since the companies take into account your particularities as a driver, as well as those of your vehicle, when making you a personalized offer. In fact, the price of the policies varies from case to case, depending on your profile, the characteristics of your car, the type of insurance, the coverage you choose and the insurer itself. Hence the importance of comparing to get the best conditions and the car insurance that best suits your needs. However, before you start looking for the best product for you, you have to be clear about some questions.
- In the first place, what type of policy do you want , since you can choose between several modalities.
- The most basic is third party insurance. It is the lowest price and only covers damages caused to third parties in an accident for which you are considered guilty.
- If you want more coverage, you can opt for an extended third -party policy , which is similar to the previous one, but which adds coverage for broken windows, vehicle theft and damage caused by fire to the basic guarantees.
- The other option is an all-risk policy. It is the most expensive, but also the one that offers the widest coverage since, in addition to what the modalities offer to third parties, it includes the own damages that the insured's vehicle may have, even if he is the cause of the same. For example, scratches when maneuvering in the garage, accidents when brushing against a wall or damage from a rear-end collision with another car. It is the most suitable for new cars.
- Another possibility you have is to take out comprehensive insurance with excess. It is very similar to the previous one, but with a cheaper premium, since, in the event of an accident for which you are at fault, you will share the expenses with the insurer. That is, you will pay the costs up to the amount of the franchise and the rest will be borne by the company.
- Another issue that you should consider before requesting a quote for car insurance is your profile as a driver, how you use the vehicle, how many people drive it, where the car sleeps or the area in which you live. Depending on them, you will need some coverage or others. It is also necessary that you take into account the characteristics of your car, from its age, to the power or the extra elements (since they can raise the price of your insurance premium).
- You also have to choose what type of insurer you want to take out your insurance with, whether direct or traditional. This decision only depends on you and your preferences, since both types of insurance companies offer the same guarantees and the only difference lies in the process of contracting and resolving incidents. Normally, direct insurance companies tend to offer lower prices, since they have less infrastructure (they do not have offices) and operate solely and exclusively through the Internet or by telephone. This is the case of Verti, Balumba , Nuez Seguros, Direct Seguros , Fénix Directo , Génesis or Línea Directa.
- Once you are clear about all these issues, it is time to request a quote from several companies to be able to compare. The fastest and most convenient option to access the best offers on the market is to use an insurance comparator, such as the one offered by Kelisto.es .
- This tool makes a personalized comparison with the prices and coverage of the policies of the main insurance companies that operate in Spain.